I am new to Stitch Fix (personal styling service) and have loved it so far! It was very helpful to me to read reviews of other people’s boxes to get a better idea of what to ask for or information to provide to my stylist. I’d like to do the same! If you are unfamiliar with Stitch Fix here is an explanation of how it works:
1. Create a style profile here. They will ask you questions about what type of clothes you like, your body type, areas of your body you like to hide or show off, color no no’s, etc. You can tell them anything about your style or what you’d like your style to be.
2. You can link a pinterest board to your profile which I highly recommend. You can link an existing board or make a board specifically for Stitch Fix. Your stylist will be able to get a better sense of your personal style from your pins. You can even pin directly from Stitch Fix boards.
3. Schedule your fix. Whenever. However often. It’s up to you! For each fix, write a note to your stylist if you have any specific requests (colored jeans) or events coming up (formal wedding, vacation) or if you want to request a certain stylist.
4. Before your box is shipped you will be charged a $20 styling fee. This fee serves as a credit for any item you may keep so you don’t pay for anything beyond the clothes you keep.
5. You will receive 5 items (including accessories if you don’t specify ONLY clothes). Try them all on with items and accessories from your own closet. This is the best part about it all. You get items you wouldn’t necessarily pick out in a store and you get to see if they work with your jeans, your cardigans, your shoes, etc. – all without actually shopping :D.
6. Send back anything you don’t want (for free in a bag they send). Then, go online and pay for the ones you do keep. If you keep all 5 you get 25% off everything. Give feedback on each item, even the ones you send back. This helps the stylist for your next fix get an even better idea of your style and fit!
**Note: I am not affiliated with Stitch Fix. I do receive a $25 credit each time someone makes a profile and gets a fix using my referral link – but so can you! Share with your friends!**